By Vern Parker
A new 1954 Cadillac convertible coupe was sold at the Alvin T. Fuller Cadillac/Oldsmobile dealership in Boston, Massachusetts 62 years ago.
After long and faithful service the car was sold to the second owner who took it home to eastern Pennsylvania with the idea of restoration.
The restoration dream was commenced but never realized, however, it was relatively well protected in a garage for 20 years. The second owner had begun to disassemble the Cadillac carefully identifying each part.
In the spring of 2011 Randy Edison saw the car for sale. It was in countless pieces but nevertheless Edison was attracted to the car even in that condition. He became the third owner but did not take delivery of all the various pieces until the autumn of 2014. A year later his car was in a restoration shop in order to return the 4,600-pound convertible to like new condition.